Welcome to my holistic musings and other complicated conversations. I have decided this year(January 2012), it is time to get on-line and create a blog. This will be a place to monitor my progress, journal positive change and work on creating a well-balanced and more meaningful life.
Recently, I was explaining to some friends that each year I prepare a list of New Year intentions. I have done this (proudly and faithfully) for many years with a slightly different format each year. With long and short term plans broken down into areas of responsibility and interest, specific tasks and usually include a timeline. However, now I look at them with honesty …. they do all look similar! Each year they are along the same vein.
- Get healthier (eat more fruit & vegetables)
- Be nicer to people (acceptance, forgiveness, diplomatic)
- Get fit and be more active (join a gym class)
- Meditate (every morning)
- Create music (sing and dance “..as if no-one is looking”)
- Eliminate unnecessary things from my life (cleanse)
- Save money (don’t overspend)
- Be creative (patchwork, paper-craft, garden, paint)
- Generally live a more holistic lifestyle (positive thinking & being)
So this year I have decided to take resolutions and intentions up a notch and create a blog. I plan to track my New Year intentions, my verve and inactivity of 2012. During the year I will also reflect back on the successes and failures of previous years.
The New Year is here … and so we begin …