Let’s talk about Attitudes ….. shall we?
To be honest sometimes I have a disgruntled attitude. I think life is unfair and people are greedy and should share more of their good things … (pause) … with me. HA HA!!
I can hear you laughing at (with) at me.
Do you have days like that? On some days I look around me and everyone else seems to be more beautiful, successful, resourceful; to look more attractive, fitter, healthier, graceful, angelic; to sound more sensible, articulate, gracious and succinct in their conversation than me, myself or I on any given day!! Plus, they live in the big house on the hill and drive a fancy car. So I drop my chin, pout my lip and slink home with discontent and an ungrateful attitude. (silly me)
On other days I notice the good things – and I am grateful. Grateful for ..
- the sun
- the moon
- my good health
- my family, my gorgeous daughter
- the Universe and the stars that shine in the night sky
- my house and home
- the morning bird’s song
- Legs that let me walk places (may I always have healthy knees)
- well meaning neighbours and their interest in my well-being
- Friends and work colleagues that share my day
- my parents and the love they gave me
- School (& family) that taught me to read and enjoy books
- honest tears on the cheek of best friend sharing a sad story
- Family pets that notice when a cuddle is ‘needed’
- My hearing ability, sight, smell and taste buds
- Family history
- the elderly and their wonderful stories
- a quiet day with a good book
- conversations with my Mother
- Jane Austen
- the kind word of a dear friend
- Nigella Lawson, Holly Kerr Forsyth and Louise L Hay
- Rich Coffee and Chocolate
- The colour of Sunshine … through the rain
- freshly picked herbs
- a warm bed on a cold night
… and the list goes one. My intention this month is to not get drawn into that downward spiral of discontent that beacons to me. Instead I resolve to stay realistically honest, thankful, internally resourceful, positive and to notice the good that is within and around me .. every .. moment .. of .. every .. day!!
Thank you to the Universe for my life and the wonderful opportunities that continue to delight me every day.