How awesome is that? Thank you! (she takes a shy bow)
It gives me a good feeling, I’m chuffed to hear that people enjoy and are interested in what I write. However, now I read the fine print not only does this award come with acknowledgement, it also comes with responsibilities. Bother, dash!! I guess that is what being a responsible adult is about. I was just going to sit back and privately bask in the warmth and glory.
My responsibilities are to share seven things about me and
nominate fifteen other friendly fellow bloggers.
So lets do the fun bit first … pass the prestigious award on and nominate some blogs and posts that I think are great. I have nominated the following because I find them entertaining, I like their style, they motivate me, their photos are beautiful, I can imagine ‘being there’ right in the middle of their story and they give me new ideas and information. Every week I discover new sites and posts that I simply adore .. I want to scoop them up and put them in my pocket like a lucky star. Below, in no special order, are some on my favourites so far.
- 366 Days of Photos .. for something beautiful every day
- Gardening Nirvana .. for garden tips and encouragement
- We call him Yes! Chef! .. for help with my cooking / baking plans
- Korinek Photography .. for photos that capture the beauty of our country (and other places)
- The Kitchen Minx …. for interesting and fun family recipes
- Colder weather .. for a little link with nature
- Warm the Cockles of your Heart .. for wonderful Tasmanian food and produce
- The Retiring sort .. for a lovely reminder of the important things in life
- Zen Habits .. for calm (zen) reality moments
- January to December .. for her commitment to improvement and loving your best friend (yourself)
- Stuff Step Does .. for creative and crafty ideas
- Stopping the Wind .. for reminding me that it is actions that create change
- Abstract Unknown Boy .. for helping me to reminisce of a time when I was young (and confused)
- An afternoon with .. for a little afternoon visit with new ‘friends’
- Illustrated Bites .. for much needed help in the kitchen
Now for the second responsibility attached to this award ~ things about me …
- I bought my current house partly because I feel in love with a tree in the garden.
- I now understand that when we don’t learn life’s lesson the easy way we get another chance to learn them … the hard way.
- I share my garden with a friendly cat that sleeps in the laundry at night.
- I like to sing out loud, along with the CD when travelling, even at the traffic lights (not with other people in the car though, they get too embarrassed).
- I want to learn to speak French. (simple everyday French – it is much more fun to travel if you can understand some of the language of the locals)
- I love the colour green and watching spring bulbs ‘spring’.
- Sometimes I fantasise about making my home in a bush hut somewhere and living off the land (just imagine – fresh herbs, fruit trees, cycling to the market together on the weekend, wood fires and candle light) stuff of sumptuous books really.
By the way .. take a look at the wonderful photos of the wild weather in sunny Surfers Paradise posted by Gypsy Women. You can just about hear the waves crash!
Have a wonderful weekend!