Thanks you so much to Sued51 … who nominated my blog for the Sunshine Award.
It is such an honour to be acknowledge and appreciated by fellow bloggers. A sunny day indeed! Here are a few blogs that I have been enjoying lately.
Not everyone is in to giving or receiving awards in the blogging world, so if it is not your thing – no response or acknowledgement is required. My main aim is to let others know about the wonderful posts I have been reading and admiring.
My blogging world began at the beginning of 2012 when I decided to make the move from journalling in book form (for my eyes only) to blogging on line and sharing my thoughts and experiences with others in the blogosphere (for me and you).
So in sharing this award there are some questions (that Sued51 has listed) to answer / make comments on. It is a bit of a challenge for me too, but I will do my best to respond. So here goes …
- Favourite Christmas movie? I don’t think I have one. Although I do enjoy books. A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens is a good Christmas read.
- Favourite flower? Spring flowers are my favourite, freesias, crocus and daffodil, as well as the summer wisteria would be the ones I count amongst the flowers I enjoy and celebrate the most. I also love a big bunch of hydrangeas in a pottery jug sitting in the middle of the kitchen table.
- Favourite non-alcoholic beverage? Well, it used to be coffee (although that was probably an addiction more than being my favourite!!). Now, it is Twinnings Earl Grey Tea. I find that a good book and a hot cup of tea make for a lovely relaxing and enjoyable Sunday morning start.
- My passion? Family and friendship – my passion is people, the core and essence of life and love.
- Favourite time of the year? Now is my favourite time of the year. I know that might sound corny to some people, but there is always something to enjoy, whether it is the longer days of summer, hot chocolates and marshmallows of the winter season, the fun and celebratory season of Christmas, the wonderful world of autumn with the colourful leaves and fresh air or just the buzz of being alive and healthy.
- Favourite physical activity? Doing nothing while watching flowers grow! Oh, you mean activity – guess I would have to say gardening or walking then if it has to involve doing something.
- Favourite vacation? This is difficult, not sure if it my most recent or my next holiday that in my favourite (he he). Although, to be honest the weekend is my absolute favourite holiday time.
- Favourite time of the day? Well, that one is easy ..my favourite time of the day is that moment when the sun has set and the lights are turned down low …. slipping between the freshly laundered cool cotton sheets and closing my eyes as I drift off to dream land. Sigh!
May your nights be full of restful sleep and delightful dreaming!